The Government of Australia provides an opportunity for every student who wishes to come to Australia and pursue higher education. If you want to pursue higher education from abroad then Australia is the best place to apply for. The reason is people living in Australia is culturally diverse as it is the third-largest country with international students. After the United States and the United Kingdom, students prefer to apply in Australia for their higher education. Their education system is similar to the Indian Education System and they provide quality education at economic prices. Every year thousands of Indian students apply for Visa in Australia to pursue education there. If you are also applying for Visa in Australia and are confused about how to proceed with Visa formalities. Don’t worry this blog will help you.
As an international student, you need to have a student visa (subclass 500) which will let you stay in Australia till your education get over. The new guidelines for Subclass 500 came into effect from July 1, 2016, and provide stay up to 5 years or till your course gets over there. However, if you need to extend your stay you must renew before it gets expired. Before applying for the visa you must have:
- Register yourself as a student in any Australian University
- You must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which includes your cover for visits to hospitals, doctors, or for any medical treatment.
- You must have an adequate welfare arrangement. It means if you are visiting Australia before turning 18 then either you must be accompanied by guardians or your educator should have done arrangements for you. The provider (parents or educator) issues confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter.
How to Apply Online
You can apply for an Australian Student Visa 124 days before the starting of your university course. You can also travel to Australia 90 days before the start of your course. The Australian Student Visa process is completely online under the new SSVF guidelines. Here are the steps through which you can apply for an Australian Student Visa.
- First, you need to create and login into ImmiAccount.
- You should fill the complete Visa form available on the site. You have to attach your documents (educational qualification, passport, valid address, Australian University enrolment details)
- You can track your application by again login into your ImmiAccount.
- You will get a Transaction Reference Number (TRN). You can manage your application through this number.
- Keep in mind when you need to communicate with the visa center for visa entities.
Related Service :
- Finance Assignment Help Online by Expert writers
- Literature Review writing Help
- Master’s Thesis Help
Documents required to apply for Visa
- University enrolment confirmation letter
- Fees for visa application
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) – It is required to ensure that the applicant is taking a student visa to study in Australia and not to maintain residency in the country
- Latest Academic documents (secondary, senior secondary mark sheets). If you have completed graduation then you must attach that mark sheet also. If you are working somewhere, then you should attach an employee certificate also.
- You must have a valid certificate to prove your English Proficiency. TOEFL (The Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (The International English Language Testing System), CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English), and CPE (Cambridge certificate of proficiency in English) are some of the tests that will prove your English efficiency. You can get a certificate by passing these exams.
- A certificate that shows your financial capabilities. This is required to know that you will be able to pay your university fees, accommodation (house rent), living expense (groceries), and other expenses that you might have while staying in Australia
- A valid statement that is detailing your purpose for the visit. For example, you are going to pursue higher education so your statement will state that you are visiting Australia for education purposes.
- Passport size photographs. You will need them for your passport, university, and house papers.
- Character certificate – You need to issue a character certificate from your last university to show that you were a good student and does not possess a criminal record.
Note: If you are under 18 then you must also require your parents’ consent form to pursue an education in Australia. Parents’ consent form means your parents do not have any problem if you pursue an education in Australia.
We tried to complete the entire Visa application process in this blog. However, if you are still facing any problem we are here to help you. “Myessayassignment” is the best online Academic Writing Service which provides Academic Writing help to students. Hence if you need any Academic Help, feel free to contact us.